Workroom/Notice of Annual Membership Meeting and Upcoming Elections
520 Kirkland Way, PO Box 2305Kirkland, WA 98083
Notice of Annual Membership Meeting and Upcoming Elections
The Annual Membership Meeting will elect the Board of Directors on Saturday, December 17, 2016 at 2 PM in the University of Washington Communications Building, Room 126, 4109 Stevens Way NE, Seattle, WA.
The election shall fill up to three seats on the Board of Directors; please see our bylaws for details on how Board members are elected.
Volunteers interested in standing for election to the Board of Directors are invited to submit a declaration of candidacy. Each submission must include the following information:
1. The candidate's full legal name (required) and primary Wikimedia username (optional);
2. An affirmation by the candidate that he/she is a member of the organization in good standing;
3. An affirmation that the candidate meets all of the qualifications specified in the Bylaws for directors, agrees to undergo a background check if they are elected, and volunteers to be elected to the Board;
4. An affirmation that the candidate has not been “convicted of a crime involving charitable solicitations, nor been subject to a permanent injunction or administrative order under the Washington Consumer Protection Act (Chapter 19.86 RCW)” within the past 10 years;
5. A candidate statement of up to 500 words in length (optional);
6. The candidate’s legal signature.
The first five pieces of information will be circulated publicly prior to the day of the election, including on the website http://www.cascadia.wiki
In order for the candidate's name to appear on the ballot, this information must be received by US Mail by December 10, 2016, or an electronic communication with this information may be emailed to Board Officers Brian Henry, Treasurer (brianhe at gmail dot com) and Raymond Leonard / User:Peaceray (peaceray at cascadia dot wiki) by 11:59PM on December 10, 2016.
All candidates' names and candidate statements will be posted for public viewing on the Cascadia Wikimedians User Group’s website (http://www.cascadia.wiki).
Candidates are requested to be present at the December meeting, since the agenda includes the selection of the group’s officers by those elected as Directors, and because candidates may -- if time permits -- have the opportunity to speak briefly about their candidacy.