Welcome. Cascadia Wikimedians User Group is an independent group of Wikimedians. We are "a nonprofit, charitable organization dedicated to encouraging the growth, development and distribution of free, multilingual, educational content"1 in partnership with our members and mission-aligned organizations in Oregon, Washington, and British Columbia.
Group photo from our 2016 picnic in Seattle
WikiAPA @Knight Library, UO, Eugene, OR, May 26, 2017
Wikipedia is one of the most widely-used resources in the world but there's always room for improvement, especially when it comes to underrepresented communities. That’s why Special Collections & University Archives is hosting WikiAPA, in conjunction with Asian Pacific American Heritage Month, to encourage people to create and update Wikipedia articles around Asian and Asian Pacific American content. This event is free and open to the public. Refreshments will be served. Whether you’re new or not to Wikipedia or Asian Studies, your help is needed!
Asian Pacific American (APA) heritage month edit-a-thon
- Date: Friday, May 26, 2017
- Time: 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm
- Location: Edmiston Classroom, Knight Library, Room 144
- Address:1501 Kincaid Street, Eugene, Oregon, 97403-1299
A Facebook event page is available as well, https://www.facebook.com/events/1546419775390031/
- See Calendar (2017), Calendar (2016), or Calendar (2015). Or, view history prior to 2015 at Meta-Wiki
- SeaFOSS event calendar of open data, open government, and open source events in the Seattle area: http://seafoss.org/calendar
- SeaFOSS Twitter account: @SeaFOSStweets
We gratefully acknowledge:
1. Derived from the mission statement of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc.